Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Recommended "I've been Wronged" Playlist

No, I haven't been wronged recently, but one of my closest friends here has. What she (and I) thought was a wonderful man recently behaved like a motherf*cking sh*thead. The point is that the other night, instead of crying at home being miserable, she washed her face, dressed herself up and went out (still miserable, but at least she tried!). I really admire her for being so honest about her feelings and then picking herself up because she knows she's an amazing person. Before going out, we talked about it at my place over a bottle of wine. I put on some music, but wanted to be very careful not to play anything that would make her sadder since there are so many amazing songs that just make you cry your eyes out in a situation like that. We didn't get a chance to listen to everything I had in mind before we left, but I decided to post some of it incase anyone else [hopefully none of the ladies who read this blog] needs it.

1. Let it Die ~ Feist (Ok, so obviously if you're going to talk about it, you're going to cry so this one's to get that out of the way quickly!)

2. The Million You Never Made ~ Ani DiFranco (Now, be angry!)

3. Bloody Motherfucking Asshole ~ Martha Wainwright (different stage of anger)

4. Breakin' Up ~ Rilo Kiley (dance and sing it on out. I wish this song had come out when I could have used it because it's so fun to dance and workout to)

5. See Line Woman ~ Nina Simone (if done well, a song about a prostitute can make you feel gooooooood)

6. Radio ~ India Irie (i love a little girl power..OK, clearly i love a lot of it)

7. Not About Love ~ Fiona Apple (a deeper insight into the whole shebang)

8.. Single Ladies ~ Beyonce (too little, too late. Learn the dance and get Beyonce's body for that extra KICK)

9. Ella ~ Bebe (some Spanish reinforcement)

10. Precious Things ~ Tori Amos (One line in this song makes it just so amazing. Hint: it starts with, "so you can make me..."

11. Untouchable Face ~ Ani DiFranco (you just have to get that one last f*ck you in there)

4 comments:

Sara said...

Super list. Those are just good songs. Period. Sorry to hear about your friend. Guys suck. Well...a lot of the time.

Abby said...

Ohhh I think I might know who you're talking about...if so tell her I'm sorry!

By the way, we should get together again for wine. That was fun.

Jessica said...

dude, i hope this isn´t talking about who i think it is. btw, like the new layout!

Sara (when you come back), Abby, Isabel, etc - WINE NIGHT soon please! :)

Maeskizzle said...

Sorry about your friend. Going thru a break-up is quite the roller coaster.

Nice playlist. My ex-boyfriend used to have a playlist he put on when he was in a bad mood, to help him get out of his funk.