Monday, September 29, 2008

The Perfect holiday

These are the first minutes I've had alone to write since September 16th.  My dieciocho holiday weekend turned into 2 weeks and it has been amazing. My mother came to visit me the morning of the 16th and is here until we both fly to Virginia for my best friend's wedding on October 7th and it has been nonstop since she got here.  Briefly, here's 10 reasons on why it has been so amazing for me:

1. Italo and I celebrated 1 amazing year together on September 18th and it was the best day I've had in Chile so far

2. My mom and mi suegra have formed this unbelievable bond that makes me think they may be long-lost sisters (uhhh without the creepy implications about Italo and me, that is).  This has included sleepovers, trips to viña and cutting and styling hair.

3.  In a matter of days, Italo's entire family has really become my family's family, not just my family and I think we have about 7 asados, 20 empanadas, 40 bottles of delicious wine and 2 extra kilos each to prove this.  

4.  I am actually sore from all the dancing and laughing that has gone on.

5.  My mother decorated our apartment so now it really is the cutest apartment in Santiago.

6.  We're finally getting cable so I can keep up with all of the crazy election news and the rest I'll get from watching Bill Maher on youtube.

7.  I found this amazing seamstress who took in my bridesmaid dress for about a 1/7 of what it would cost at that damn Priscilla of Boston who tricked me into buying a dress 2 sizes too big.

8.  Olive the puppy is exhausted every night from playing with her Chilean dog family which means she doesn't bite my face, chew my shoes, or steal my pillow at night.  I can  finally sleep comfortably.

9.  I have eaten about 15 delicious and huge salads since the 16th and for anyone who knows me, a good salad in Chile is worth writing about.*  

10.  I have never been more comfortable or confident in the way my life and relationship are going.  This is where I want to be and who I want to be with.  We won't be here forever, but for now it's the perfect place for us.


*I will do a follow-up post with my favorite salad places because I have hunted them down 

Note: I will post pictures once I make more space on my computer.



No comments: