Monday, September 29, 2008

Debates, debates, debates!!

ok, so I'm just a blogging machine today after my blogging hiatus.  As I've read in some other blogs, people are as excited or riled up about this year's presidential election in the U.S. as I am and the VP debates (If they don't pull Palin off the campaign) are this Thursday at 9pm.  Basic Bar in ñuñoa is having a debates night because they have a satellite and a big projector (not to mention delicious salads, pizzas, french fries, and tacos).  There will be drink specials for all Gringos with proof of gringoness and I think a few newspapers there interviewing expats.  All in all, I think it will be a great place for anyone without a satellite to watch the debates.  I'll be there with my mom, Italo, and Jessica from I left my heart in Santiago.  I hope other people can make it out there!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for the tip! I've never been to Basic and have been told I'm not a true gringo until I go (I'm even from CA like the owners...), so maybe this will be my chance.

Sara said...

Good idea! I think i will try to get a little group together. That might be fun, to share drinks and commentary.