Friday, October 3, 2008

Disappointing debate/really fun night!

Debate wise, tonight sucked.  Palin did what she does best and avoided answering any question, but I think Biden and the moderator were more at fault for not calling her on it.  Now I know Biden has to be careful because he's a man and he can be seen as attacking a woman or whatever, but come on.  He had a real opportunity here and he came out just OK.  All I can think is how AMAZING it would have been to have seen Hillary up there against Palin.  She would have ripped her head of, chewed it up, and spit it back out (literally and figuratively speaking) and one one could have accused her of being sexist.  You can only accuse her of being intelligent (and determined/bitchy/whatever).  Big mistake, Barack! 

Anyways, my night was saved by great company and delicious food at Basic.  I can't praise that place enough.  Obviously, my mom and boyfriend were there which makes things great, but I also met two other blogging gringas (Sara and Shannon) who are just fabulous!  And not to mention Jessica who I already knew was fabulous.  So, the mediocre debates were evened out by fun people.

Ok, I'm going to sleep since I have class bright and early.  I can't wait to hear and read more about these debates...

No comments: