Tuesday, October 7, 2008

good ol' U.S. of A.

For one week, I will be in the great EEUU.  I am going home for my best friend's wedding and am  basically coming back right after.  It will be a short trip, but I basically can't afford to not be working any longer than a week.  I am excited to see my sister, my dad, my best friend, and my dog.  Not to mention other close friends and family.  I cannot wait to eat cheddar cheese and vietnamese pho.  I'll also take advantage of cheap and good used book stores and new John and Kate Plus 8 and The Office episodes. 

 Pathetically enough, I am really sad to say goodbye to I. (I'm switching to this now) and Olive even though its for such a short time. Regardless of how long I'll be gone, it still means a huge side of my bed will be empty every night I'm not here.  But, I am so excited to see my best friend marry her perfect mate.  After almost 10 years together, there is no doubt in anyone's minds that they are meant for each other and I can't wait to be simultaneously sobbing and laughing right next to her as she fulfills her dreams this Saturday (she has been waiting for this day since we were in 8th grade).  

I'm sure I'll post from home, but it will be Izzy in Virginia this week which doesn't quite have the same ring as Chabelita in Chile, but oh well!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Have fun!!! Enjoy your week being repatriated (is that a word?).