Friday, November 14, 2008

I need a 3B outfit!

So, 3 of my favorite students invited I. and me to a very fancy anniversary party for their company at Casa Piedra in a few days. YAY! Delicious food, open bar, entertainment, and dancing. My students have been talking about the clothes they bought for the party for over a week so I know the dress code there. The invitation says "formal dress" so my first thought was, "Yay! I'll wear my great Anthroplogie dress with those fabulous shoes my mom bought me for graduation" And my second thought was, "Fuck! I took them to the U.S. in October because I NEVER wore them here and couldn't think of any occasion where I would wear them."

So, now I've got to find a short, but formal dress and some great shoes and of course, they both need to be inexpensive and I need to find them soon. I'm thinking I'd like to spend more money on the shoes (I like bright colors, but comfy heels/wedges) and I'll just try to find some sort of black dress that I can dress up with jewelry, red lipstick, and other accessories.

Ok, my problem is that I never go shopping in Chile. I think that in over a year, I've only bought 4 to 5 pieces of clothing and most of them were too expensive for what they are. I need help! Does anyone know where to go to get cute stuff?? I would love something like this dress or this dress or anything else black or red.

Anyway, this is my plea to all of you fashionable ladies living in or who have previously lived in Chile...help! And, thank you!

4 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

Zara has cute dresses and great shoes, and often have really good sales. however if you're unlucky and they're not having a sale the stuff is pretty expensive.

Sara said...

Uhhh... I tried to buy a sun dress today because I got some compliments on the one I bought for cheap at PARIS the other day. No luck. Sizing is atrocious. That's all I can say.

Caroline said...

tommy misses you... he keeps talking about how you never talk to him on ichat

Isabel said...

i don't have ichat!