Wednesday, April 8, 2009

no phone, no internet, and no tv....

make Isabel a dull girl.

Don´t worry, I´m not about to chase Italo into the bathroom with a knife or anything, but I am going a little crazy feeling totally disconnected from everything and everyone. And it also explains why I haven´t posted in forever.

Our new building only allows VTR (our previous provider)to install cable and internet, but no phone so we have to use Telefonica. And let me just say that I hate telefonica after this. We called and they said that because of our comuna, it will take 14 days to come and install everything. That is absolutely absurd, but the bastards know we can´t do anything so they CAN take their sweet ass time heading over to install everything. When we called VTR, they were there within a few hours. Then, we called them again to come install cable and they were there first thing the next day. It may be a fluke, but I love VTR.

The no TV thing is fine, but the no internet and phone thing is killing me because I feel totally cut off from my family and since I don´t like talking on skype in internet cafes where everyone is listening, I´m a lonely girl in my new apartment when Italo´s gone.

The good news is that I absolutely love my new place and my new barrio. It makes me happy to walk down my street to run errands and my favorite restaurants are all
within walking distance. Hell, I could shout my order from my apartment to my favorite sushi place.

Also, my mom and her friend are coming next week and I cannot wait. I am so excited to show my mom´s friend around because she´s never been here. This will be my mom´s fourth time in Chile so she feels like a pro, but I have a bunch of new places to take them both. I just wish my father and my sister were coming, too. Maybe they can take a trip together later in the year (hint, hint!!).

Anyway, I´ll keep reading everyone´s posts, but my blog will stay dull for a while. I need the time to sit down and explain my moving fiasco, but I promise thatit´s coming.

6 comments:

lydia said...

So true. VTR has actually been great to us, besides one post where I was mad at them but it got resolved and they had great customer service yet again.

Actually, when we first ordered their services, we seriously got the "we're on our way" phonecall RIGHT after we stepped out the VTR doors to the street. We turned around to look back inside like...are you kidding, we're not even home yet?

Then when a truck ripped our cable out of the wall, we were going out of town and asked if they could wait 2 days to come install so we could be home. Annoyingly they called us 3 times on our trip to try to come early... but still super timely service.

The second time a truck ripped our cables out of the wall, it took them a day and a half, and I was mad becasue they said I would have to pay for it, but when they did come, they didn't charge me and they were super nice and went above and beyond.

I would definately claim them as the best customer service I've dealt with here. Good luck!

Mamacita Chilena said...

Wow, VTR was nothing but hell when we had them in old apartment. I mean, spawn of the devil, they were terrible. Now we are in a new building with telefonica, and they seem marginally better, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet :)

Shannon. said...

We have VTR because Telefonice kept raising the price of the package the my FIL had. I don't know much about their service though because they only came once to install everything and we haven't had any problems since.

Caroline said...

maybe since you and italo have good jobs you could pay for me to visit :-)
i think i'll be about $150,000 in debt, come december. hope you get your internet soon!

Isabel said...

Lydia- wow, so you´ve got a whole other issue with people ripping your cables out!! i´m glad VTR is quick to help you out with that!

Kyle- i swear sometimes i think we live in different countries! :P your experiences are always so different from mine, but it´s always good to know because some of your accounts have been rude awakenings for me.

Shannon- thats good to know that theyve been OK for you, too. I´m really sad we can´t stick with them in our new place!

C- get your boy toy to treat you! But I did post an offer for you on facebook but considering I have $0 after paying mom back, it may be a few months before my ¨good job¨ starts looking like a good job again.

Half Full said...

Telefonica suck... so does VTR actually.

It's a problem this thing we have with communication companies in this country. I think I've had Telefonica 2 times before, and VTR 2 times also, and now we use VTR again at my house.
After a while they just forget about you, takes about 30 days to go to fix a problem and then you have the same problem 15 days later. It's actually easier to change company from time to time (...haha, sigh.)

But well, since you can only have Telefonica... well, they suck.