Monday, February 16, 2009

He IS just that into you

I'm not writing this to sound like a cocky little b*tch, but I can't help but post after going to see He's Just Not That Into You with two friends tonight. I still have a copy of the book because I loved it, but I did try to sell it at a yard sale so someone else could use it. I think it gives great general advice to women about not obsessing over plain old shitty men and it's fun because that episode of Sex and the City is hilarious. It really did open my eyes to a certain situation (junto con all the great advice my incredibly honest friends gave me, of course) and I vowed then and there never to make any of those "mistakes" again.

I'm not sure my revelation had anything to do with my meeting Italo, but he was and still is the first guy I dated seriously after a series of flings and kinda sorta boyfriends that would have made very comical (or tragic?) vignettes in the film. As I was watching the movie, I kept thinking two things:

1. I didn't make even one of those embarrassing and needy mistakes that I had made before when Italo and I first met

2. He IS just that into me!

haha, I didn't need a movie to tell me that, but it's refreshing to be reassured. Oh, and by the way, I AM just that into him, too :) :)

3 comments:

Shannon. said...

I want to see that movie!!
Hey, I was thinking we should get together again, before the end of the month! I was thinking an asado at my house. I know its kinda far, but Ro volunteered to drive anyone here and back. Let me know!

Sara said...

Sweet post! I saw that movie too. I haven't read the book because I think it will make me a little too neurotic. I thought that the women in the movie were extremely needy and stupid. I mean, one of them thinks she might have a guy interested in her and her friend starts looking up destination weddings??? Come on! Most of my friends are not like that, and although I am a bit psycho, I like to think that I'm not like that either.
Plus, while they are good guidelines they do not apply to every man. Some guys are really just shy and sensitive...I think.

KM said...

cute post...how was the movie??? i really want to see it!